Tuesday, January 8, 2008

not feeling so hot


Well, with all the sickness that's been flying around here at work as well as home, I've caught it. Being sick while you're pregnant sucks. I'm already automatically tired by the pregnancy, and the added bug makes it seems much worse. I don't have a fever, and my stomach's not upset, not yet anyways. My throat hurts, my nasal passages are stuffy and I feel run down. I should have called out sick today. I might tomorrow. I can't just go pop some pills and pray it goes away. I'm limited to Tylenol, my vitamins throat lozenges and Zicam.

This morning when I woke up I was not in a good mood. Nathan was such a sweetheart though. He went to Starbucks to get me a coffee and an egg sandwich since I was running late. I couldn't find pants that easily buttoned, and my black tailored shirt was a little tight, so I managed to cover it with a vest. I talked with a couple of new mommies here and they strongly recommended that I buy a few pair of the Miracle pants from Motherhood Maternity. They're on sale ($24.99), but Nathan told me not to buy a lot of Maternity clothes since my birthday's in a week. BUT they're on sale NOW! Yes, I'm impatient, but I guess I'll wait.

Stats:
Age of fetus: 15 weeks
What's going on this week: She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

Baby's Size: about the size of an apple(4 inches) — and weighs
2 1/2 ounces
Mood: Blah
Cravings: Chicken noodle soup and Pretzels
Energy: Tired of being tired
Morning Sickness: NONE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your not feeling well. Best thing for the swelling feet is put them up as much as you can. Hey I love the voting. ITS TIED 1-1

Jennifer said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Being sick while pregnant is sure the pits. And yay for maternity clothes whether this week or next!