Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lessons I've Learned For Far- part deux

Don't buy a Boppy pillow for breastfeeding unless your boobs hang as far south as the Carolinas. I've had to prop up the Boppy with other pillows, completely defeating the purpose of buying it in the first place.

Never wear black unless you're planning on not holding your child for a day. Wear colors such as off white, pea green and mustard yellow and you'll do just fine.

If it takes you an hour to get ready to go anywhere, tack on an extra hour. Just trust me on this one.

Pacifiers are a Godsend.

If your child seems like he/she has gas pain, don't hang him/her upsidedown. Instead, take their feet and lift them towards their chest. It pumps those farts out in no time!

Going for jogs or walks everyday actually give me more energy to wake up every 3-4 hours at night. How 'bout that?

Don't bother getting regular manicures. Your hands are in so much water that it's just pointless to expect your nails to stay chip/tear-free.

A quick and sure way to get off the phone with a chatty friend is to just tell them that your child needs your attention. Confession: I've only used my child in this way a handful of times. And I can't promise you that I'll never do it again, cause sometimes it's the only thing that works, LOL.

It's never too early to read to your child. Brayden (who is now 3 months old) will sit on my lap for at least a half an hour, listening to me read him his books. He pumps his hands and makes cooing noises. Which in baby language means, I like it, I like it!

DON'T remove any tags off of your baby's new clothes unless you know you're ready to use them. I have lots of clothes that Brayden didn't get a chance to wear because he's growing so fast.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You and Brayden both look terrific, and you are learning the ways of practical mommyhood very fast! It's so great to see you reading to him - Jackson has never sat still for us, but we've always read to him and had books all around, and he loves to thumb through them. It's one of the only things that really settles him down.