Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's a GIRL!





HI everyone! Today couldn't come sooner I tell you. I was anxious this morning as we were driving to Boston for the ultrasound. I thought for sure I was having another boy. I mentally prepared myself for that news. I wouldn't have been sad, but it would have been more of a push to have the 3rd kid because I wanted a girl.

It took a little over an hour for 2 doctors to find what we were looking for. Not only were the baby's legs crossed and up to her stomach, but she's also breached and is facing my back. My placenta is also located on the front of my stomach and to her back. Feeling her kicks will be extremely hard if she doesn't rotate upside down and forward.

I did notice before the doctors did, that there was no sight of a penis. I turned towards Nathan and said, "It's a girl." The other doctor came in and had me move a little to get her to move. Finally he confirmed that it was in fact a girl. I even got to see "the goods." After we left I just kept on saying, "Nathan, we're having a girl!" It was surreal for me so I felt the need to say it over and over again.

I'm also excited for my step sister-in-law because she too is having a girl and is a couple of weeks ahead of me. So they'll grow up together, have their tea times, play dress up, etc. while Brayden and his two boy cousins play together.

OF COURSE you know I had to buy some pink today. I ended up going to T.J. Maxx and buying a few girlie outfits. I got an outfit for Brayden too so he wouldn't feel left out. I know he could care less and has no clue as to what's going on. Now that I know we're having a girl, I can start my mission of getting the crib, bedding and clothes. Oh man am I going to have fun.

No comments: