Friday, March 14, 2008

Home on the Market!

Our home was finally put on the market today. After days of going to bed really late from renovating and refreshing most of the paint, we took pictures and felt so proud of our little home.


Tomorrow Nathan will spend all day installing all the new trim. We're taking a risk doing it ourselves but it's soo much cheaper and hopefully easy. We have our first open house on Sunday from 1-2:30. Hopefully we'll get some nibbles of interest from prospective buyers.

I had my doctor's appointment this morning and all went well. We heard the baby's heart beat and it sounded so strong. This time it sounded like the valves were snapping, which is a great indication that his heart is healthy. I'm right were I need to be with my measurements, and I now weigh 144 pounds. So far, I've gained 16 pounds and I'm expected to gain a pound a week from now on. I can't help but feel like a heifer, but my doctor reassured me that I'm fine and that she sees no resaon for concern. For my next appointment, I'll have my glucose test. It's usually done between 24-28 weeks of pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes and high blood sugar.

My doctor also brought up the subject of circumcision. I got the impression that she trying to sway us not to do it, but Nathan and I feel that there are no negatives to having our son circumsized. She recommended that we watch a video about what circumcision is and how it's performed, just so we have a knowledge of what actually happens. I don't think we'll be swayed in the other direction, but we'll certainly watch the video so we're educated.

Here are some updated pictures of me at 24 weeks. I was too lazy to put on the standard outfit from my previous pictures.


Stats:
Age of fetus: 24 weeks
What's going on this week:

Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when he was just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), that makes a pretty lean figure, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, his brain is growing rapidly, and his taste buds are developing. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
What's going on with Mommy: The top of your uterus is now an inch or so above your belly button, which means it's about the size of a soccer ball. With the skin on your abdomen and breasts stretching, you may feel a little itchy now and then. If your skin is dry, keeping it well moisturized may help. Also, your eyes may be sensitive to light and feel gritty and dry. This is a perfectly normal pregnancy symptom known as dry-eye. To ease your discomfort, use an artificial tears solution to add moisture.
Baby's Size: Almost a foot long, and over a pound.
Mood: Anxious
Cravings: Cereal
Energy: High, but suffering with lots of backaches and swollen legs and feet.
Morning Sickness: NONE!!!

No comments: